Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not weak at all....You just have your head in sand and have not gone thru it.......The advantage starts young with prefirst/reclass/holdbacks getting on the field more.. Many of these players would not start unless held back at a young age,,,after awhile everyone catches up size wise sooner or later, but not playing time, what coaches think better players are due to always starting, etc,, average players held back are better than average playing down.. Thats why there are so many holdbacks now
Wow, quite the participation trophy parent! You should want your son to face better comp, that’s how you improve. Ok love that my boy has faced older kids for the past 4 years and will for the next 2 before high school. That’s how you improve. He does not care and I don’t care if they win 7th grade tourneys. He has fun with his boys and I have fun watching him improve and enjoy lax. I’d never hold him back, but if other parents do that’s fine as they are only making my son better. Step up or step out

Not sure what you are talking about...You have your head in sand.. This has nothing to do with 7th grade. Being on age playing against holdbacks doesnt transform you into some better player? . Those holdbacks are your grade and will be until end of High School. Might as well consider them " on age now " . They are getting the playing time, confidence and have the bigger size at a early age. By the time most on age catch up, to late, the holdbacks have started most of youth games and are about to start JV/V.

Obviously you dont play or have any want to play in the MIAA or IAC. That is holdback central and best players in MD /DC. The best players minus a few on age are all holdbacks.

Do you think the Stanwicks played on age ?? How many TOP players coming out of BL are on age ? lol...or McD, ST P, CH, etc.. very few.

Youth lacrosse and holdbacks are out of control now and nothing will change as long as Clubs run it and the useless USL is the governing body of youth lacrosse . USL is more concerned with PC correct woman issues and minorities than cleaning up this holdback youth issue.

Sounds like Baltimore has a cheating Dad problem. When does this whole holdback thing start? Do they know Johhny is a crappy athlete before he starts pre k and hold him back? Or is the kid so dense in school and sports that Dad figures it out in elementary school and makes him repeat a grade? Just curious about when these Dads begin to feel their inadequacies...

This is not nice if you do not have something nice to say maybe dont say it?