Originally Posted by Anonymous
This entire club experience is a garbage shoot, had some great seasons and some disastrous seasons. Some great coaches and non existent coaching. For the most part, club directors are terrible business people that have great lax knowledge and coaching skills. Somewhere along the line, it became all about the almighty dollar.

If you are still in club lax at this age, your kid can play well enough to play some college lacrosse, be it D1, 2 or 3.

This year will tell if it was worth it.

So haven't been on this site in a long time. Just wanted see what was happening. Mine are done, both played in College, one D3 and one D1. Was it all worth it? 100%. I enjoyed every minute of it and now miss it terribly. Were there up and downs and times it actually stunk for both them and me? Sure. However, I wouldn't trade all the one on one time I had with them. The ability to shape them as young men and keep them out of trouble. They both have an incredible work ethic and are not afraid of life's challenges. That comes from pushing yourself against the best as a young man. Sometimes failing sometimes winning. It's not all about winning a National Championship one day, although that would be great. It's about the journey and building a productive, hard working young man. Something that is truly lacking in our society today. Enjoy the ride, think about what you're really trying to achieve. For me it was completely 'worth it"