Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tryout film does not lie. Watch the film when it becomes available and then come back on here and preach your "they are worthy!". UA tryout process is a joke, not based on merit. goes for all regions, not just Baltimore.

Let me get this straight, you watched film of every single girl that tried out? What a dork!!
Re-read the sentence. Let me know if you need help this time.

So you are saying you watched every single girl at tryouts? Even when there was 2 games going on at the same time? While watching one game, you may have missed out on what girls where doing in the other game..... but that's right, you knew exactly what was going on.
Doesn’t matter what film shows. Better talent always gets overlooked when connections are involved. Just means your player needs to work harder to force them to take her so that if they don’t the evaluators/coaches/food truck guy will look like fools for cutting her. If your player has talent, it will be recognized. She won’t need the UA Highlight game. So cheers to the ones who made it, no matter how they made it. When some ride the bench during the games, the ones who were cut can have their laugh to make themselves feel better.[/quote]

Whether it's Baltimore or Long Island there will always be some great girls that don't make the team. Last year I was at the LI tryout and they had 150 girls there. Most girls that tryout think they have a chance to make the team, (you don't apply to Harvard with a 82 avg and 980 SAT), so my point is it's 100+ of who is who from 2022 and 23(this year 23/24). They seem to only take 5-7 girls from the younger grade, so it's next to impossible to make it as a younger kid. So now that's 15 or so spots to be picked from a great group of talent. Do they pick more by a kids resume or by the performance in the tryout?? My guess both. If you are a girl who plays varsity and contributes at a conf 1 school or Suffolk power then that helps, but you still need to play well at the tryout. If you go out as a no name and tear it up on the field all night during the scrimmages, you will make the team. My point is there will always be a touch of politics involved but the UA system tries to avoid that and believe me these coaches want to represent their region and WIN.
My belief is if you are looking for a great night of competition then go down to the tryout and roll the dice. What's the worst that can happen?? Kids gets cut,big deal. Maybe she shines and makes the team; it's the best tourney in the game as far as top tier talent Good luck