Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

M&D Coaches and Families,

We have moved some practices in Howard County this week as recreation and parks open their fields on Monday. The Covid19 regulations that we had been using in Carroll County do apply for facilities in Howard County. The guidelines in each county are nearly identical. The only exception is that all players and coaches must wear a mask to and from the car and the field. You do not have to wear a mask at practice itself. Here are some of the other major things that we need to continue to follow:
1. Approximately 10 players on one half of a field.
2. No contact drills in practice.
3. Social distance as much as possible
4. No parents congregating at practice, parents are supposed to drop off and stay in the parking lot.
5. Temperature must be taken within 2 hours of practice, If a player has 100 degree temperature or above they are not to attend practice.
6. If a player is having any illness symptoms including but no limited to a cough, headache, chills, nausea, upset stomach, lethargy do not come to practice.
7. Sign the health waiver before each practice.

I know there is a lot of different information out there as far as guidelines etc. With all of the mass gatherings and protests, it has also triggered many questions about these policies and their legitimacy. As a club, we do have 330 families, thus a wide variety of opinions. I ask that everyone just please be respectful of everyone in the club and their opinions. If you do not feel comfortable sending your child out to participate, then feel free to keep her home with no penalty. If you are sending your daughter out there, please make sure to follow all of the guidelines.
I am not sure how strict rec and parks will be with the rules considering the public restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid19 are not being followed throughout the country on a nightly basis. The widely publicized protests and mass gatherings do violate every protocol of what our medical professionals have been telling us. It does make it very difficult for us as a club to tell you that you need to follow the rules when we see thousands of people violating the rules every evening. Just because certain people are allowed to violate the rules set out by our politicians, does not mean that we are allowed to do the same. I know it is 100% hypocritical, but the special rules being made for protestors do not apply to youth sports. From a science standpoint I know it makes zero sense, but we need to really just focus on what we can control as a club. We really cannot get into the political debate, or make a political stand. We need to concentrate on getting the kids out on the fields safely. So we do need to follow the rules strictly. The last thing we want to do is break the rules and then lose our permits. Fields are nearly impossible to find right now with many facilities in the Baltimore area still being closed. So my main concerns are that we just follow the rules so we can keep all of our players safe according to the medical recommendations and to keep our the practice permits. Any political stands on the hypocrisy of mass gatherings for protests as opposed to youth sports, please take up with your politicians, not on the lacrosse fields or parking lots. Thanks for everyone's cooperation and understanding in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

This does not reflect well on him. Keep it simple and stick to explaining what the rules are, and that everyone in the club should follow them. He's asking the club's families to keep their wide variety of opinions respectful (maybe even implying keep it to themselves??), yet expressing his own opinions which are irrelevant to the basic information needed by families about practices.

This email is disgraceful especially in light of what is going on across the country. Lax is indicative of the what the protesters are trying to change. I recommend that Chris send out an apology and keep his M&D communications on LAX, or he will loose his best players.

Why is an apology necessary? Chris stated the double standard that the government wants you to abide by. Protesting is very important and lax is not however does the virus know this? Will it only infect people that are out for non essential reasons?

Most people don't want to waste time reading their lacrosse club director's personal opinions, whether they agree or not. Comes across as arrogant, childish and unprofessional.

Speak for yourself Karen.