Originally Posted by Anonymous
twice my daughter has taken a stick to the head and I hate it!!. The first time no card was given and she was called for a charge as much as I hated the call the ref was correct as My daughter went in for the goal which was a charge, she was not happy but after the game the referee explained it to her and she told me that she was wrong after his explanation. The second time was last year against riverhead which was blatant and she had to be helped off the field. The riverhead coach went to the penalty area and high fived the player and said you stopped her from scoring. I was mortified and told the coach how I felt. After the game the ref advised me if he had heard that the coach would have been removed from the game. The refs have a lot to pay attention to and sometime se see things differently. I can see why you were upset over stick to the head but if you charge it is an offensive mistake. I just hope the player is OK. some rules my need to be reviewed

She is fine. I understand if there is additional contact, then a charge can be called. But in this case; the only contact was stick to head. The good thing about all of this is.....two more games then off to college....at least stick to heads are taken more seriously there!