Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Many only play HOCO during early spring and then 3 or 4 tourneys in late spring and into summer. Instead of playing in leagues where they would dominate, the better squads appear to add an additional day of practice.

Who’s to say they would win every game? I think they’re scared to play in a league that consists of non elite competition because it’s a lose-lose situation for them. If they win against a non-elite level team it’s no big deal because they’re supposed to win, but if they have a bad day and they drop a game than their reputation takes a huge hit. Especially if they lost to a “rec” team. For years the vultures on this board would make comments like ““remember in 2020 when FCA lost to Perry Hall?” To be clear that was a made up example using random teams, and I have no connection to FCA or Perry Hall.

I don’t believe for one second that these teams are so good that no one outside of elite could ever give them a game though. We are still talking about kids. Ive seen teams in other sports at the elite levels drop games to competition that they wouldn’t normally lose to. Lacrosse is no different. Step outside of your bubble every now and then because a team may surprise you.

Have you watched the St. Paul league teams outside of the elite play? Anytime an elite team would play a 'rec club' team it was a double digit win. I am not saying that every once in a while the blind squirrel for find a nut, but to say these rec club teams can compete at an elite level is comical.