Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn't see the game but if the above post was right and the coach cleared the bench (in the first half) and instructed the players to pass the ball around... what would you suggest, the refs calling the game... or maybe your that wiseguy parent that would say they should have played 3 girls down for practice.

To honor the game is to play the game, there is a fine balance of shoving it someone's face and playing/honoring the game.

Bay Shore has had a fine reputation of playing hard nosed girls lacrosse. Something they worked hard to build. They respect the game, honor their legacy and hold a high standard for their academic achievements.

Anyone not from BS that was there feel free to chime in.

You people are ridiculous , no one said its about stats, but an 18 goal margin of victory is wrong . Try to justify it all you want but its poor sportmanship .When a lower level to mid level team beats up on a beginner team everyone jumps all over them but now that your precious Bayshore team wins by 19 you justify it by saying they did it with back-up players,now thats class.Winning by 15 or more is poor sportmanship no matter how its done or who its done against. Even more pathetic is people coming on here trying to justify it.

Give me a break , get your head out of Bay Shores back end. Playing / honoring the game ,please who do you think you are. All you morons try to comprehend a semi bad team crushes a very bad team by 18 is the same as a very good team crushing an okay team by 18 .Bayshore holds a high standard for academic achievements , seriously are you that clueless, compare your academic standards to Ward Melville or cold spring harbor.Any team that wins by 18 is just plain poor sportsmanship ,if the coach could not tell they had a complete mismatch on their hands at 5-0 then they are clueless, or just a jack---.

I will start with maybe you SHOULD try to Honor the game and it players and maybe then this will all make sense to you; until then I will not judge you, that is not my job. (that is who I think I am).

I say good on ya' and congratulations to BS WM and CSH (and any other team) which holds high regard to their academic standards.