Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s unbelievable some of the stuff you people post about which team is better . Talk about other organization, coaches . In the end this sport will stop after college if little Johnny decides to play in college if he’s not burnt out because he played 4 days a week since he was 7 . My nephew went to a great D1 program about 6 yrs ago and guess what he hardly got much money to play and now hasn’t pick up a stick in a yr. His time in college was 6 days a week of workouts , practices and sometimes 2 times a day. Never went on spring break . The coaches didn’t care how he was doing in the classroom etc.... Now he’s in the police academy very happy and could of done the same thing going to a local college and saving his parents a ton of money . A lot of these guys come out of school and say wow that was a fast 4 years and it was miserable a sport I played my whole life with no end result and no job ready . What’s next doing $50 a hour cash clinics ? Relax parents your team maybe better then that team and so ?? Enjoy it now because there zero future beyond college . JMO . Stop drinking the lacrosse koolaid and smoking the Laxcrack because end results is nothing . Enjoy the development for your young son because I bet he rather be riding his bike then dragging him all over the place because he plays for the “best” team . Also I love the dads that are insane and have Zero Athletic ability , I just shake my head and laugh look at this hammerhead !!!

Lot's of truth here. Lol. I spend 4 years in a D1 college sports program albeit not for lacrosse and much of this is true about life as a college athlete. If you are male and can get a full ride in football or basketball...go for it otherwise the return on investment is garbage and not worth burning your kid out.

Also I should add regardless of your kids stick skills, jump shot, forehand, or any other sport specific skill..... if they are not tremendous athletes with speed and agility and the speed is largely born with. (Read the research, you are not moving the needle much with speed training) they will not get that D1 scholarship anyway.

The girls that played tennis at a college I worked for were such tremendous atheltes that they would beat most guys in one on one basketball...... athleticism and speed trumps nearly everything.