Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous

My question to all of you; how can a program embrace such a culture ineptitude? And with the current state of affairs; the losing will continue. And yes; this is varsity level, where the emphasis is based on winning versus losing.

In my district, I lay the blame on the hiring practices. Any teacher, with or without experience, will get the job over a non-district employee regardless of the outsider's experience or track record. Then the AD turns a blind eye to the losses piling up season after season. We just came off a season similar to what is referenced above, albeit a different sport. It is completely disheartening, and talk about a bunch of players counting down the minutes until the end of the season. SMH

My daughter's team started planning the tribute to the seniors during the pre-season. Most knew that the season was going to be bad and began going through the motions. Things are truly bad when half of the team shows up to practice. The coach should turn over his stipend. Three of the girls; who have been on varsity since grade nine will have endured seasons with losses of 15,14,11 and possibly 12 respectively. And the losses will pile up. And no one seems to care. There was a time that an athlete was proud of their membership. But with this team; pasta parties and twitter foolishness. Maybe there will be a turnaround ; I doubt it though. As long as the incompetence within the coaching staff and backstabbing parents remain; the program will languish in the bottom of the standings.

That sounds truly horrible. My sympathies. I wish all the AD's would wake up and get rid of coaches who lead these losing parades.