Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a parent of a copiague varsity player and I apreciate the support as it has been a rough year. The copiague girls do not stop when they are down they wasnt to play. A few comments the program is in jeopardy with the school district but why do the boys teams have multiple coaches at the middle school and high school level but the girls get one coach. Copiague also does not have a youth league lacrosse program for the girls (it has been attempted).
As for the 30-0 desire by some teams, it starts with the parents. We recently played riverhead and lost 20-0 the last 5 minutes of the game a parent in the stands was yelling to the girls they should have 25 on the board.

I truly feel your pain. Title IX will not allow the district to disband the girls program. Call the district on it.

Situations like this make me respect the Northports, Bayshores and WM's of the world as they wouldn't play the lower ranked teams. It really stinks when the "runts" of the league decide to take out their frustration on a program such as Copiague. Tell the girls to keep the faith and continue to strive to achieve. Not every girl will play in college. But this should be an enjoyable experience despite the lack of wins. Wish your daughter good luck in her game this afternoon.

Respect and honoring the game is truly lacking here.

Where is your outrage toward Bayshore now.