Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nationals has birth year restrictions. MD girls are too old. NY girls are all 1-2 years younger than most girls on Md teams.

Fake News. This excuse gets so old. Girls don't hold back like boys do. It's very rare for a girl to be born prior to 9/1. I was in the hotel bar up at spooky nook and a LI dad told me that MD school date is 6/1. I corrected him that it's 9/1. I know the date on LI is later but it's a couple months not a couple years.

What are the US Lacrosse rules with cutoff 10/1? Could the kids born in September of the previous year play? I could see that being a problem if a theoretical 1/12 of your team couldn't play. Why not stay at your own tournament, double dip, and have a chance to actually win it this year with Spalina at Nationals.

US Lacrosse Rules are 9/1 not 10/1. I have girls on M&D at two different ages and neither team has a girl born prior to 9/1.

Red Team doesn’t count, the 2025s got blown out by the YJ C Team (Janelli) this past fall.

If it’s multiple impact players I could see why M&D wouldn’t want to show, but the vacation excuse is nonsense where it’s the same weekend as the Mid Atlantic. Now if you told me it’s about the money then I would get it from an M&D perspective. At least Heros had the stones to show last year.