Originally Posted by Anonymous
See, I told ya, some people will get it and some people won't! I've heard that my buddies played lax for Duke and now they all work on Wall Street garbage! my son didn't just quit, I seen the look in his eyes at the end of last season, which he crushed as usual and I asked him before tryouts, do you still have fun playing and he said not really it's boring a I don't want to play anymore, so good luck pushing your kid to live your dream so you can Bragg to you friends!

See, I told ya, some people will get it and some people won't! I've heard that my buddies played lax for Duke and now they all work on Wall Street garbage! my son didn't just quit, I seen the look in his eyes at the end of last season, which he crushed as usual and I asked him before tryouts, do you still have fun playing and he said not really it's boring a I don't want to play anymore, so good luck pushing your kid to live your dream so you can Bragg to you friends!
you may be the biggest lost. You must be so much fun to hang out with at parties .🤮

wow who what happened to you. if you have not figured out by now having a network makes things a lot easier in life not sure what to tell you. having a common thread is what builds networks whether it be college football, high school lacrosse, tennis, golf, juggling, chess, etc. some networks are more powerful than others. the college lax network is very strong as is going to a school like Duke or Johns Hopkins, etc so if it gets you in a school like that how can that be a bad thing? Even if you dont see the field much if it gets you through admissions you have won. It is only going to get harder to get into prestigious colleges you need something that differentiates you. Not just about getting a scholarship.

I think this is the key point that gets lost in the scholarship shuffle. My son is a good student but will probably get into a much better school than otherwise because of lacrosse (true at Division 1 and Division 3). Any money, even if small, is gravy.