Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The whole idea is that the girls get showcased to the college coaches eventually . If you are not an impact player on a great team you will be going to a garbage school. Find a place you shine.

I will agree but add that you need to be an impact player on whatever team you are on to be noticed by coaches. D1 and D2 give schollys so they are looking for the better girls. D3 still takes the best they can find first. So many parents think their mediocre lax D will be coveted by coaches -they are in for a rude awakening. Prents also think that lower D1 schools have horrible talent-also not true. They grab a few lower talent girls to fill roster but those girls never see the field.

I agree -My D switched from A team where she was stuck at low attack retrieving missed shots mostly. She went to another club and played middie and was recruited aggressively even at a club that didnt win many Championships. She is happy at her very good academic college. We are trying to do the same with her sister now.