Originally Posted by Anonymous
To answer your question for my son I think it was two things. For one I think he got a litter burned out because he was used so much because at a young he could play any position and did! Two, their was a two year period that he didn't grow as fast as the other kids so he was smaller. He's played for different travel clubs and I will tell you this for a fact! These people don't care about your son and they will tell you anything to keep him playing for them. Even if your personal friends with these people they will use you and him to improve their club! Some people will read this and blow it off but trust me keep asking you kid if he's happy playing and don't let sports take over your life!

Again, thanks. I will pay close attention to my overall 'lax dad' behavior which isn't easy to see oneself (boorish antics on the sidelines, yelling at him to do better, etc). Good timing that our boys will be entering HS. Its good time to let him decide majority about lax and I will be his support and advisor.