Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice job hanging with the Elite teams; I guess at this point losing by less than 5 goals is a victory. You are also aware that both True and the Bandits did not have their full roster at this event as well like most teams playing Fall Ball? Looney's is slightly better but still a lot of gaping holes in the team that need to be addressed before they will compete at the next level.

Of course, no team (including Looneys) has their full roster for Fall Ball. True was missing some kids - who play on Looneys - but had the core team that has been playing together since the ACS days. I'm not sure how many kids Bandits was missing (they had a short bench), but that didn't stop them from beating the heck out of every other team they played. And if we are making allowances for those teams...Looneys had to play with a significantly revamped roster after only 4 practices. So, it looks like they are already "competing" at the highest level. Sure they have room to improve, but the talk on this thread about how crappy they are looks wrong now.

What is their biggest hole to fill at this point? I think with an influx of Loyola boys the team is bound to see some improvement.

Yeah but giving roster spots to a predominately all Loyola kids limits your talent pool.....I wouldn't play for them because of the favoritism granted to Loyola kids....Beginning of the end for this club and many others....Parents are going back to Rec model because the club model at the youth level is not a great product..... If Looney's is now turning into an all Loyola model then why would I ever choose to play for this club..... and the same can be said about FCA and Crabs....... In the next 5 years I can see a huge shift back to the Rec model..... Parents are fed up with the poor coaching and sky rocketing costs.....At the end of the day the only years that matter in club lacrosse is 10th and 11th grade..... Everything else is just a waste of time and money... If you want more then find someone who can train your kid to get better...

Quite the opposite is happening; kids/parents continue to leave rec to play at a higher level. Club Ball is not going away anytime soon; did you happen to go to any of the IL Tournaments the past weekend?

I think you will see the top level clubs continue to have success but the lesser clubs will fall off as rec starts to take off. There is no reason to pay 2-3k a year if you can leverage the rec council with the same quality of coaching , practice and games for 1/3- 1/2 the price. It will essentially go back to the way it should where the top players play club and the developing players play club for the recs.