Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good teams at the North American down in Delaware this weekend

If your team is not from DMV and going to NAL this weekend, set your expectations now so that you don't go back here and complain about holdbacks this and that (actually, go ahead bec you will anyway). Simply wrap your mind around the fact that your boys are about to play against mostly HS freshmen aged players from Maryland and DC. Also this is fall ball and many players are probably playing playoff or championship football and those players are typically the best athletes in their teams. So keep it real bec Im keeping it real. Hope for competitive games all around. I think game of the day will be Madlax vs Taz in the semis (btw Taz drew an easy group). It will be ML - 91 in the finals with ML taking the t-shirts. If you disagree, go ahead and change my mind. I'm looking forward to your response.

It’s more than three days before the tournament, and you are already making excuses for when Madlax loses this weekend to, as you said, “mostly HS freshman age players.” And why are you stalking the LI thread about possibly beating teams that are up to two year younger. If my son were on a disgraceful, cheater team like Madlax, can’t say that I would take any pride in beating teams that are one to two years younger. Think I’d be laying pretty low. But my kids team would never do that. If anything, they would play up a year, for the challenge. Why doesn’t Madlax ever do that? Bigger question: why dont your HS age kids ever play on age? Scared of the beating, huh? My money is on Taz this weekend. The FAR younger team. But the far BETTER team.

Oh god, anyone else but you. This post was specifically not for your reading. I should have asterisked it. Anyone else have any comments around high level competition this weekend.. and not about age. anyone?