I am no defender of MadLax and do not have a son on the team that lost to Sidewinders. But for what it’s worth, when Madlax has been caught with kids playing down (Hershey 2018 and Hoco 2019 for example), it is typically their DMV teams, not Capital. The DMV teams usually are combined age group teams (ie, 2025/2026) because they don’t have the numbers to field two teams in every class. The those teams play down when MadLax thinks they can get away with it, so they can say that all their teams (Capital and DMV) win tournaments. I’m not saying that is okay, I’m just telling you what they do. But they generally do not play their Capital teams down a division, because they don’t need to, and they don’t want to risk disqualification of their higher profile teams. (The Capital teams do have holdbacks who a year old for their grade, but that is the grade based world in which we live).
So kudos to BLC for getting a MadLax DMV team DQd last spring, but that does not answer the question the prior posters are asking. nobody is accusing MadLax 2026 Capital of being too big or too good at yesterday’s event; it is actually the opposite, wondering why an Elite team lost to a team two divisions below it?