Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a serious question. There's been a lot of advice given to "switch teams" if you're not happy.

How many people have actually done that? Moved to another team after the fall tournament season.
Can anyone speak to that personally? If you did, what was it that made you switch? Were you happier on the new team?
Did you and/or your son face much backlash from their friends/parents of the old team?

I have done this. We left because there was literally no future for the club. Lied to about the numbers they were projecting for the spring and they were over promising and way under delivering on talent and we didn't want to be left out come spring. (they ended up collapsing before the spring) We asked around and found the best fit. Some coaches are accommodating about bringing in your kid for the winter skills sessions and practices as a try out for the spring.
We faced 0 backlash and actually still speak to a lot of the coaches, parents and kids to this day. That was 4 years ago. Most of the parents will completely understand your decision. (if it is rational and not I JUST WANT TO MOVE CLUBS BECAUSE THAT ONE WINS MORE) Trust me, the ones that stop talking to you or give you cap, you don't need to deal with any way. In terms of friends, my son sits down at his Xbox and plays with kids from every team he has ever been on from rec through club and they don't even bring it up.
Finally, yes, we could not be happier with the moves we have made.