Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son had his fair share of slashes and dirty hits from this FCA player over the summer. Emotions seem to get the best of him which, unfortunately, can turn a solid defender into a dirty player.

Prime example is from the summer at Trilogy at Regional. FCA and AYLC played twice, once in bracket play, and once for the title. FCA took the first game easily, keeping our entire offense on the perimeter and not letting many looks on the crease. His defense was executed well and he shut down my kid. The checks were fairly clean, body play was solid, and the trash talk was flying (mainly hype talk between teammates)

Fast forward to Sunday and it was a different scenario. AYLC made the adjustments needed to beat the defense. Letting up goals and being down got the best of him, he picked up 2 penalties against my son for slashes. Then, late in the game he got beat badly from GLE (where he owned my kid the day before) and after dishing a slash to the back he completely wrecked my kid from behind, earning him a non-releasable. This allowed AYLC to get some goals in and secure the trophy.

FCA was up and down a lot last year, I'm would think these tendencies were showing all season, and I'm disappointed the coaching staff wasn't able to get that under control. This was not an elite level tournament we were playing in, I can only imagine how things got against higher level of play, against bigger/stronger/faster offensive play.

Mr. M, I know its hard reading all this. I just hope some of these comments, paired with the anguish shown during that car ride home, can turn him into a more disciplined player. To loose control of your stick and body after loosing control of your emotions is not ok, and not fair to the other players on the field on either team.
He plays at a level higher than most when he's under control, and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. His intensity and physicality is something many of us wish our kids had. As high school comes around, the circle of refs gets smaller and smaller, reputations with keep flags on the field.

One of the most irresponsible posts I have read on this site........if you had an issue with the FCA Kid and his play address it after the game FACE to FACE with the FCA Coaches/ Parents and Kid. Again a troll who was too much time on his hands; at least the FCA dad put his name out there maybe you should do the same before calling our 11 year old kids. Unbelievable.

Believe it.

No parent with any class is going to walk out and start a confrontation with another teams coach over a penalty.

The statements posted are true, and they are exactly what happened. I didn't say anything at the time bc I did not think much of it being more than an isolated incident. Like it stunk the my kid got railed, but a penalty was served and AYLC won the tournament. It was over, and that was that.

Had anyone known the tendencies of the player, our coaches may have addressed the refs before the game about him, and maybe the refs would have addressed FCA about careless play. Parents and coaches are learning now, so I'm sure that will be happening all season for FCA after the dirty play last week.

People talk about what they fear.....good luck in the Spring. No one said it had to be a confrontation you had with the FCA coach/dad etc; how about an adult conversation about what happened? Call it a COACHING MOMENT...remember those or were you too caught upp in winning like most of this board is?. Apparently you are too much of a coward to do that so you hide on message boards and callout kids. I feel bad for the kids your coaching and I hope this FCA dad comes to speak with you the next time your two teams meet and maybe something good can come out of it instead of what is happening here.