Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Keep drinking that Koolaid"

Well my oldest played SW White and started lacrosse as a 7th grader and she plays low level D1

Top players on A teams in B type brackets do better but if that is all you are shooting for congrats

I don't understand what the comment "all I'm shooting for" means. My daughter decided later than her friends to pick up lacrosse. She was not good enough to make SW blue - but they offered her white - she accepted. She was a decent high school player - not the strongest on her team but a good player. She was able to get recruited on a low level D1 school. Since we're more worried about whether the school was a good fit and less about the lacrosse it worked out well for her. Not every girl playing club is going to get recruited to the top 10 -20 Div I schools. And I get the feeling you're an M&D parent - I have news for you - not every M&D black girl is going to get recruited to those schools either. Trust me - I've seen it the past couple years.

Maybe my family was shooting for a school that my daughter loves w/ the benefit of playing lacrosse there. She stays in shape - gets playing time (which is more than can be said for some black/blue/green girls going to MD, UNC, Syracuse, Hopkins, etc.) and is getting a good education with a little bit of a lax $$. If you took away the lacrosse and the $3,000 off - she would still want to be at her school . So yeah - it worked out for us.

But the whole point of my original comment was to say that YES - some people who play SW White can play DI. Obviously not all - maybe not alot - but some. And maybe they're not worried about playing DI - there's alot of schools out there. geez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't endorse Skywalkers - but it worked out well for us. But people on here seem to want to bash them for everything. They offer a white team - people accept and pay the money. Why other people/strangers care and feel the need to comment is beyond me