Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any observations from today’s games at Blandair?

Hawks are still the greatest team ever assembled!

Definitely the team to beat; #22 is playing like a man among boys. He was close to unstoppable. True had some nice goalie play and Madlax and FCA both had very good FO guys and solid defenses along with Hawks defense. VLC was big but I do not think they're ready for elite just yet.

I was watching the Madlax game on the other baseball field and saw a late cheap shot on the Hawks (to the head) from one of those FCA defenseman. I hope that the player is OK

You were a field away and 'saw' a cheap shot? You may need to update the prescription on your glasses. I watched that kid play against Madlax after our first game and he was clearly one of better athletes playing yesterday. My son and I wanted to see the Hawks/FCA game after our 2nd game and even though the hawks had possession most of the game and dominated that kid again stood out for FCA; he's big, fast and aggressive. FCA kid took FOs as well and dominated the Hawks kid The kid is tall and he put his shoulder right and the Hawks players chest and buried him; flag came in late once the kid did not get up and the Hawks coach lost his mind IMO. I hope the Hawks kid is alright as well but to call that a cheap shot is hilarious and probably coming from the hawks parent.

Sounds tough, how many did he manage to get in the net....or the rest of their offense. I am imagining the big strong face off kid must have had at least 2 or 3 goals right after "dominating" or at least the attack had to take advantage and put a couple in the net. What was the final of that game?

Uhm, you sound you know exactly how the game went.