Originally Posted by Anonymous
Next week at Blatant Fall Jam, LI Express Haugen is registered in the 2026 B division. Therefore, I hope CoachC doesn't revert to bringing his A players (including his top 2 2026 A players who are that good enough to play up on the 2025 team). I don't care that Express set this age group in a pool training system. That is fine and up to them. However, if you want to bring A players, then play in the A bracket. Teams and tournaments are set up based on talent and skill. Teams pay good money to put their teams in brackets that are best suited for their skill. Don't revert to winning at all costs and taint your organization's reputation and have your top talented players play in a B division tournament. Other registered teams and Blatant tournament officials should be aware and notified if these players play. More importantly, Express "B" Parents... stop drinking the Kool-Aid and demand that if it is a B tournament, then let the B team kids play.

Express Dad here. Very disgruntled about what is going on with this Express project. They took 40 kids on a supposed mixed Double AA team. The project is to weed out the less skilled kids to make a super team. That is fine there is no doubt but kid is absolutely a double A player and he will play on the "Super Team". This weekend he may have to play in a B division at Blatant. Thats a shame. how does this make him better and prepared to play Legacy who we just lost t. Haugen a nice guy when CoachC is playing him like a puppet on strings. Haugen has said to some parents he is not happy about the way this whole thing is going but won't fight CoachC on it. Shaking my head. This project is trouble and the Legacy , 91 and the Rebels will reap the rewards at next years tryouts.

Wasn't it the express B team that lost to Legacy's team? 6-5 if I saw correctly? I'd say that's not bad considering the fact that Legacy only has 1 team at the grade. Seems the B team is pretty darn good. No, i'm not an express parent.

No. they had 30+ kids on the sideline. Some of their top kids, including their top FOGO, were there. When it was crunch time, the kids from the "AA" team were the only ones on the field, with 20+kids on the sideline and complaining parents on the sideline.
And for the parents who were told their kid is on the AA team, but will be "rotated" back and forth so he can collect another $4K and poach kids from other teams, your kid is on the B team. You got scammed. Coach C wasn't recruiting your kid, he was recruiting $4K.