Originally Posted by Anonymous
PLC, has the best fogo in the state, plus goalie and top mid line....attack and defense still need a little help

My son plays for them....

My son is a FOGO. He is not the best FOGO in the state, but he says that the Hawks kid from last year was the best he has gone against. Did he move to PLC?

All I am going to say is a FOGO in 6th grade is a bad idea and in a few years it will show on the field. Midfielder first; FO second. What makes a FOGO elite at the next level is stick skills and field awareness. He is not going to get that if he is just facing off in 6th grade. In fact I would go as far to say that most elite FOGO's do not become FOGO's until HS. They are converted midfielders.

And yes the Hawks kid is the best at 2026 and he is still there.

100% False.

There were probably 5 local FOGO's on Elite 2020 teams that committed to high D1 programs in 7th and 8th grade prior to the recruiting rule change. Stick skills and field awareness mean 0 as long as you win the clamp and pass it off. Possession is king.

Completely wrong! Talk to any HS coach in the MIAA and they will agree; specializing as a FOGO at this age is bad practice.