How much turn over does the LIE 2026 have year to year? I have to imagine that some parents are already regretting their decision. [/quote]

They have turnover. Kids who come in thinking they will be first string and realize they barely get playing time. Plus kids who get bumped after being on the team for a while. They eventually leave.

But there is always someone starstruck looking to come in because they see how well Express does. And they think there kid must be as good. And the coach plays on that. [/quote]

Seems like another organization, new or existing should take advantage of this and scoop up some of their disgruntled talent. Form a TEAM, build chemistry, character and skills and dominate the Island. You see teams like that Tigers team, Laxachusetts and of course the Hawks (didnt want to upset any of those dads) come in and dominate. Is there an age difference, yes. Are there holdbacks in addition, maybe. It drives me nuts listening to parents (from my son's team) complain about teams that beat LI teams saying that they are hold backs, older, or aliens. MAYBE it is because they find talent, build the kids up, retain talent and the kids play like a team. Let's try that.[/quote]

This was well said.[/quote]

I agree at least they admit the age difference for once. Add 4-5 2025 aged kids to Express 2026 then play the MD teams and you'll see the tides turned.[/quote]

I was referring to the 3 month difference in the cut off for school. and FYI, I am a LI dad. Do you think if our top teams (Express or 91) could bring bring down the few 2025 kids that were born in Oct-Dec that we would suddenly hang with them? I think not. The difference I have seen on the field is greater than 3-4 kids that are a few months older.