Originally Posted by Anonymous
Next week at Blatant Fall Jam, LI Express Haugen is registered in the 2026 B division. Therefore, I hope CoachC doesn't revert to bringing his A players (including his top 2 2026 A players who are that good enough to play up on the 2025 team). I don't care that Express set this age group in a pool training system. That is fine and up to them. However, if you want to bring A players, then play in the A bracket. Teams and tournaments are set up based on talent and skill. Teams pay good money to put their teams in brackets that are best suited for their skill. Don't revert to winning at all costs and taint your organization's reputation and have your top talented players play in a B division tournament. Other registered teams and Blatant tournament officials should be aware and notified if these players play. More importantly, Express "B" Parents... stop drinking the Kool-Aid and demand that if it is a B tournament, then let the B team kids play.

come on you are better than this

How much turn over does the LIE 2026 have year to year? I have to imagine that some parents are already regretting their decision.

They have turnover. Kids who come in thinking they will be first string and realize they barely get playing time. Plus kids who get bumped after being on the team for a while. They eventually leave.

But there is always someone starstruck looking to come in because they see how well Express does. And they think there kid must be as good. And the coach plays on that.

Seems like another organization, new or existing should take advantage of this and scoop up some of their disgruntled talent. Form a TEAM, build chemistry, character and skills and dominate the Island. You see teams like that Tigers team, Laxachusetts and of course the Hawks (didnt want to upset any of those dads) come in and dominate. Is there an age difference, yes. Are there holdbacks in addition, maybe. It drives me nuts listening to parents (from my son's team) complain about teams that beat LI teams saying that they are hold backs, older, or aliens. MAYBE it is because they find talent, build the kids up, retain talent and the kids play like a team. Let's try that.

This was well said.

I agree at least they admit the age difference for once. Add 4-5 2025 aged kids to Express 2026 then play the MD teams and you'll see the tides turned.