Originally Posted by Anonymous

If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

It is definitely true but the cut off date is not 9/1/05. It’s 1/1/06.

Makes perfect sense to me. 91 is the driving force behind the NLF and 91 is based in Long Island, where apparently they don’t have a surplus of holdbacks. Trying to level off the playing field. I get it. Maybe the 1/1 cut off seems early to some, but compared to the unbridled abuse of the use of holdbacks in some areas to include our area, it pales in comparison. Time to swing the pendulum the other way for awhile. Seems only fair to me. Yes, I am the parent of an on age player who is one of the victims of the holdback abuse. Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened. Long time coming!

If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

It is definitely true but the cut off date is not 9/1/05. It’s 1/1/06.

Makes perfect sense to me. 91 is the driving force behind the NLF and 91 is based in Long Island, where apparently they don’t have a surplus of holdbacks. Trying to level off the playing field. I get it. Maybe the 1/1 cut off seems early to some, but compared to the unbridled abuse of the use of holdbacks in some areas to include our area, it pales in comparison. Time to swing the pendulum the other way for awhile. Seems only fair to me. Yes, I am the parent of an on age player who is one of the victims of the holdback abuse. Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened. Long time coming!
f that’s true WP will lose their top 3 players in NLF tourneys . So ML would still beat them.