Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s true. An email went out to 91 Maryland parents today saying notification was sent to all 91 teams, nationally. The limit is actually 5 holdbacks, after final negotiation. Apparently one of the teams (Madlax?) was fighting it variously. They don’t specify what happens to the holdbacks that don’t make the cut. I imagine they will stay with their clubs, but have to play on age. It only says, “more to info to follow from your individual coaching staffs.”

I got it too. Looks like a done deal. Going to be very interesting year.

Great news!!! Johnny will only play against 5 HBs (5 = half a team) in the NLF tournament next summer. So if you are limiting the # of HBs you know the 5 they bring are going to be big and strong.

But starting in the Fall (2 months later) he will be playing against 10 and 11th graders in school fall ball. Just give up the game now, go an play ping pong or some other non-contact sport. If you and you kid are still scared at this point its time to give it up.

I got the email too! This is a good start and a good gesture. You're probably right that the remaining holdbacks will be the biggest/baddest.. but still, this may be the beginning of a larger change in clubs' attitudes towards age based.

This would be funny if true. Question, who enforces this rule?
1. The rent a ref who is working his fifth game in 100 degree weather
2. The kid on the golf cart who is flying right past an injured kid on another field?
3. Greasy Looney's mom who can demand a birth certificate from the other teams parents after her 8th cup of red solo?

I am sure the coach giving jersey's out in the parking lot to the 15 year old guest player will be sure to verify the age. As long as five players are allowed to be older why not bring in college "guest players." I am sure Madlax guy was holding crossed fingers behind his back when he agreed to this. OK 91 we will only have five...Right....