[/quote]

You get it? I don’t think you do. Madlax has used true 2023 players all last year. While they didn’t in our 2 goal game, they did in many. And the source for this information isnt me. It’s madlax 2024 players. They brag about it to my kid and his friends. I’ve heard same from other parents. Apparently they think the more a team cheats the cooler the team is. Interesting perspective.
[/quote]

My kid told me exact same thing on multiple occasions. [/quote]

What do you mean "true 2023" players? We all know the issues with holdbacks so I am not going to continue, or dive into, that ad nauseam debate but saying that kids that were in the 2023 graduating class were playing for the 2024 team are not true. The team in the Fall and HoCo season had no 2023s playing for them. In the summer there were 1 or 2 kids who were in 2023 that reclassed to 2024. In addition there were a couple of kids who were playing on age at 2023 but are in the 2024 graduating class and decided to play on grade in grade based tournaments and leagues. For good or bad (and believe it or not I think grade based is idiotic in youth sports) in a grade based world all that matters is when you graduate, not your age. Funny thing is I have the exact same sources everyone here does, kids, parents and message board anonymity.