Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.

Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.

Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.

My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride.