Originally Posted by Anonymous
[

Nope. Don’t got it. I think what you’re saying is, if Madlax uses players that aren’t on their team, and are a grade higher, then Madlax wins. Not sure how you rationalize any logic that includes cheating with players from a different team, and a higher grade. I don’t recognize such games as legit since that’s not the Madlax team and wont comment on it other than to say that’s plain cheating. Again, here’s what I’m saying. Madlax vs Hawks (all of ONLY THEIR players) is anybodies game. Can’t believe I actually have to qualify that statement with a disclaimer.

I’ll even go you one more. Take the FO 2023 DC Dogs kid off Madlax, and they finish dead last in the HOCO. Anybody know if that boy is still a 2023 or did he reclassify? Heard he “might” reclass, so Madlax takes that as justification for putting him on their 2024 team. Quite sure that’s accurate. Can some one verify?

A couple of things,
1) No one is using 9th graders in HOCO (at least not before the summer, I saw that happen last year), so let stay away from that discussion for now. Everyone will be in 8th grade, which is the rule... plus next year your son will be playing against 10 and 11 graders who were held back, so stop whining, and get ready for the really big boys who have been working out for years

2) The kid that you all are referring to played for Madlax 2024 for years and only spent 1 year at the 2023 level with the DCDs so that he can be challenged. So no, he is not re-classing to 8th grade, he was in 7th last year, and 6th grade the year before. If you don't believe go and look at any old discussion for 1 or 2 years ago where you were talking about the "ML big Middie"

3) He won't be playing with ML against Hawks, as he plays with another team now, which will play against both teams

Who does he play for now? [/quote]

You lost ALL credibility for that post when you said “no one is using 9th graders in the HOCO.” And “everyone will be in 8th grade”. Using blanket statements like “no one” and “everyone” just sank your shop of any kind of convince-ability. I’m sure most people reading this know of 9th graders playing on a 2024 team. I sure do. I would even go as far as to say it’s common. So how about you start from scratch on that post. Consider that a mulligan.

[/quote] Most of our kids start school later than most. So they are already 1 year ahead. So when we re -class the kids in 6th , 7th and 8th grade. most of the boys are already 1 1/2 to 2 years older than the other states. Yes the rules are based on grade but the kids are much older than most..Exactly the case in number 22.. almost 15 years old.