Originally Posted by Anonymous
NESCAC schools are great, but you better have top academics.....particularly for Amherst and Williams. Student athletes trying to go to these schools need better grades and test scores than similar lax players trying to go to Harvard or Yale. Coaches have less pull with Admissions at NESCACs.

exactly, and if they are that good at lax, sorry but they arent going Nescac. my point exactly.

I thought i posted last night about the boys going to yale harvard cornell and brown. they had some impressive grades, not 100% sure their standard test were stellar. No way they were trading Ivy for Nescac and if not Ivy it was Duke ND UVA or MichiganI also know there are some boys with stellar grades that opted out of the sport. Some at the SUNYs that have lacrosse. And in a few cases better than any '19 recruit

Don't denigrate NESCAC as there is lots of top-end lacrosse played there. As an example, Jordan Wolff (Amherst) was under consideration for the Tewaarton last year The point is not that the lacrosse is weak there. The point is that these kids are at the very top academically......above the Ivys. So the mistake is thinking you are going for Yale and, if that doesn't work out, you can always go to Williams. As above, your scores may be good enough for Yale but not Williams. For certain kids, NESCAC is gold: top academics, school/athletic balance, etc, But, again, don't fool yourself into thinking that these are some types of safety schools. Many a kid has been left at the altar by top NESCACs when the coach couldn't get them through admissions.

Please stop. For the most part the only people who hold NESCAC's in higher regard than Ivy's are the parents of kids who attend NESCAC schools. There is not "lots of top-end lacrosse played there". NESCAC's are good schools with good lacrosse but please stop they are not for everyone and they are not necessarily better than the Ivy's, Duke, Notre Dame etc.. in fact many would consider several large state universities better all around.

Exactly!