It's true, I just read this on newsday.com

Bay Shore takes over first place in Division I

8:23 PM By Doric Sam

Bay Shore defeated Northport 16-6 on Thursday to remain undefeated in Division I. The Marauders (7-0) jumped out to an 11-4 lead at halftime and never looked back.
“We played hard throughout the game,” Bay Shore coach Allison Pfeffer said. “Our gameplan was to jump out and take the lead so we can control the ball. Northport has a very good attack and we didn’t want them to have the ball.”
Bay Shore now takes over sole possession of first place in the division after Ward Melville lost to West Islip, 12-8.
Kyra Harney led the way, scoring four of her five goals in the first half. Kaitlyn Arnold added three goals and two assists as seven different players scored a goal for the Marauders.
“We were balanced everywhere on the field, on offense, in the midfield and on defense,” Pfeffer said. “We had been struggling to put two halves together and we were able to put a whole game together today.”
The Marauders did a great job on defense, especially in holding Courtney Fortunado to one assist as she entered the game as the tenth leading scorer on Long Island. Dylan Teitelbaum had six saves, and Pfeffer said defenders Perri Baker, Casey Taggart, Allie Dolder and Corinne Schmidt all played well.