Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've got shiny red helmets and off er you tons of blatant clothing that you'll pay for along with tournaments with bad ref's,etc that you'll also pay for. Oh, and my dad is king tuna and uncle john 's band so he must know how to get you recruited. So come on down to tryouts. We'll call you and beg you to give us $100+ dollars for tryouts so we can make even more money off you naive blowhards. We'll throw in a shiny new tat for your wife.

That's enough.
I cant believe that these can be adults with kids or who coach kids that are acting this way. But you should be ashamed of yourselves both sides for carrying on this way.
I'm sure there is hard feelings between both clubs. And since there was obviously a long term involvement with Outlaws, there were probably very hard feelings when they broke away forming Rebels. Outlaws probably has a pretty legitimate gripe if they were soliciting players from Outlaw teams probably well before they fully broke away. And it may actually be a violation of contract. But that's for each party to hash out behind closed doors or with legal counsel.
And I'm sure there has been bad experiences for some Outlaw parents over the years or upset feelings at this break off, plus parents unhappy with promises made by Rebels after they changed teams that were not followed through on. And these may be legit.
But name calling and trashing someone's family members is in no way an appropriate way to handle it.
Outlaws will handle their legal stance. Parents should concentrate on their kids and finding the best team for them.
And try to set the example for your kids. Because the way both sides have acted here on this blog is unacceptable and shameful. Grow up.

But this is nothing. Legacy and Igloo got it much worse than this when they started up. Not all new teams go through this. Only the ones that are a threat to getting a large market share. Say what you want about the Rebels but I do not remember any team that started so strong in terms of player numbers or numbers of teams in the first year. Igloo had two teams for years before they expanded. Only then did they get bashed here. Legacy took a couple of years to get going. But when they did they too got similar posts as the Rebels. Icon started from a team called Turf Island and when they left they could not get nearly as many players to leave Turf island as the Rebels were able to do doing the same thing and those running icon are top guys with the best reputation out there. But even those guys could not do what the Rebels did in the first year. Face it that the Rebels are here to stay and will grow every year and saying unverified statements is not stopping it. If fact it probably helps them as free publicity. The bashing should never happen and should stop but it won’t. It never does for any larger lacrosse organization with a large market share which the Rebels are now part of.

I agree Legacy and Igloo got bashed, but for good reason. They got away from their original mission statements. Some promise only one team per grade, some promise the anti-travel experience, some claim new gear, etc. The unfortunate reality is they've all sold out and only care about lining their pockets. I have no problem with that but at least admit it. Some of the B teams are absolutely terrible and the instruction is awful but the directors keep saying its about development. The gullible parents keep believing it's great that the kid is playing. Ultimately it has diluted the talent pool and hurts the sport until HS.