Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express CoachC cut their roster for AA. Did not invite some players back so they could focus on getting the right players recruited.

Well honestly that’s the way it should be. This is 10th grade.

Well, it should been that way for a very long time! Unfair to all but Coach C. Don't take a player if you are not willing to play them? Where did the player's go?

I don't know why any kid would want to be on a team where he doesn't play and why any parent would pay for their kid to have that experience. You don't have fun or get any better by sitting on the bench and based on what I've seen of the Coach C 2022 team over the past year or two it looks like more than a few had that experience. So now these kids that have been cut will either be put on other Express teams or find new clubs, but will have lost 1-2 years worth of summer fun and skill development in the process. Can't blame it all on Coach C.

1000% on the parents.

Correct.....Parents with deep pockets and/or overzealous big mouths are to blame. Say what you want about Coach C but I sure he told them they would not play.

Coach C has a huge role in this too, he should have done the right thing by these kids. Instead, he lined his pockets. He created the opportunity and situation for the parents to make the wrong choice. If he did the right thing, he could have had a very good B team (ex. United, Igloo) over the years. But he could care less and put zero effort into the money making B,C ,D teams he has had over the years.

I do disagree about player development though, the lower half of Coach C's team had almost year round practice and those players got to practice with extremely talent players. And if you have ever been to the practices, they are high level, high energy,well organized practices. These players received 3 times the coaching time, practices, scrimmages and tourneys than the B,C,D teams did for the same tuition.