Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. Why is that good teams like GArden City, SWR,Mt.Sinai,Farmingdale, Ward Melville etc... dont have single individuals with high point totals. Maybe they do it becayse they believe in the team concept.... What a novel idea !!!

I do not think that any single way is the best way, you have to go with what you have, some very successful teams in the past have ridden on the backs of their best players to win championships while others have used more of a team concept.Watching Garden City last year they relied mainly on a few players, so did west babylon not too long ago.The team concept is great when you have a full team of descent players but when you do not sometimes you need to rely more on your stronger players.If I had Shannon Smith on my team in high school I would have told her to take it to the goal until they prove they can stop you. That being said running the scores up is poor sportsmanship and should not be done, the question is how many goals up in girls lacrosse is safe ? I would say a team should never win by 15 or more and in general if you are 10 goals up its time to put the breaks on.