Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not going to call out the name of the club (in fear that the kid will drive over and kick my butt) but how can a kid that will be 16 during the school year be eligible to play at the 24 age group? I have no issue with being held back a year. My son has a summer birthday and was held back in KG (to give him a head start in tinker toys) but 2 years is a bit excessive. I mean he will literally be 20 years old when he graduates.

Mine will still be 16 when he starts his senior year in high school

That is actually young. Majority of students will be 17 on first day and turn 18 during school year and that summer.

Now if you go to any MIAA Private School ..The odds are that you will be 18 at beginning of year and turn 19 during school year, especially Boys

I am confident my son will end up at an MIAA school. He plays on one of the teams in the elite division. He has teammates 18 months older than him. A lot are a full year older than him(and on age). If my son was in the 2025 class like he should be, and I then reclassed him into 2026, I am sure right now he would be one of the best players in the country. I can't deny reclassing works if your goal is to be a better player in your grade.