Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not going to call out the name of the club (in fear that the kid will drive over and kick my butt) but how can a kid that will be 16 during the school year be eligible to play at the 24 age group? I have no issue with being held back a year. My son has a summer birthday and was held back in KG (to give him a head start in tinker toys) but 2 years is a bit excessive. I mean he will literally be 20 years old when he graduates.

You shouldnt call out anyone. Your son is getting an advantage the majority of children dont get. Playing down in age. The majority of children born on your sons same birthday will never get that advantage in YOUTH sports. You always will. Your only complaint is that someone is doing it more than you. Hilarious.

The holdback/reclass/prefirst lacrosse world is really getting bad when the holdbacks start calling out the other holdbacks for being to old !!

I am all for age based lacrosse. My son would be fine either way and I could careless why a parent holds their kid back (we had ours and the decision was well before he picked up a lacrosse stick). It's their decision, just like it was ours. Does it happen to work in my favor sure but we made the decision in KG, not middle school. So sports had zero factor and I have no issue a parent holds a kid back a year for sports. If you have to hold a kid back 2 years, then I have an issue but my concern is equal to choosing Diet Coke or Pepsi for lunch. At the end of the day if your kid is going to be 20 when he or she graduates (sports or no sports) they should be going to PG instead of being held back another year. As others mentioned he is more than likely not even eligible to play his senior year due to his age.