Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not sure if this is a general statement or a response to the prior comment but, as you point out, Pat is like all other directors even though he is no longer a director of a program. This is not PAL which is all voluntary and parents participate for a number of reasons but hopefully to increase lacrosse's profile in their community. Travel lacrosse is a "for profit" business so all programs are started to make money. I am sure they intend to do good and most do. People complain that it's a money grab and they are not entirely wrong. That said, lacrosse is a great sport and it is not everyone's intention to play lacrosse in college. Many parents want their kid to play the sport all year and have fun. PAL doesn;'t offer lacrosse throughout the year so parents turn to travel lacrosse and it should not matter if the kid plays on a AA, A, B or developmental team so long as he is having fun. Athletics helps kids develop self-esteem so there is no reason to begrudge the program for charging you a price you are willing to pay so long as your kids is getting the most out of it. There are always horror stories with certain teams and some of the blame is on the directors but often it is the parents who have some unreasonable expectations. Don't blame the directors of the various programs for your shortcomings.

I can speak for myself in knowing that Pat is not like all other Directors. I care and so do my close friends about the kids being coached. He is just an egotistical donk. Let's end this post and move on.

I can assure you that there are some people that think all travel lacrosse directors are "donks". You sound like a person that does care so why don't you share with us who you are and, if not a director, who your kids play for.