Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the turnout at True Annapolis?

Smoke and mirrors as well. Impressive turnout but........

They had a majority of the 2025 sidewinders there
They had a majority of the 2026 diamondbacks there
They had kids from their Baltimore team there to fill space
And, they had a ton of people there for a free lacrosse head

Tryouts were mixed age groups the entire time, as a parent you could not really get a grasp for who might be on your sons future team.

After selections I can tell you what the 2026 team might be from top to bottom:
-An attackman who is phenomenal attacking the cage...but will not keep his head up or pass the ball. It will be a turnover if he can't get a shot off, not a pull out and reset.
-A few strong midfielders from various HoCo AAA teams
-An 0-7 Diamondbacks defense
-A great goalie who has been with a different club every year.

Despite True being a non-parent coached team...with Diamondbacks as the core, and a couple other key members of the team...expect daddy ball and politics to be in full swing.

Great in who's eyes????

Should we know what goalie you are talking bout?

How was the turnout at True Annapolis?

Smoke and mirrors as well. Impressive turnout but........

They had a majority of the 2025 sidewinders there
They had a majority of the 2026 diamondbacks there
They had kids from their Baltimore team there to fill space
And, they had a ton of people there for a free lacrosse head

Tryouts were mixed age groups the entire time, as a parent you could not really get a grasp for who might be on your sons future team.

After selections I can tell you what the 2026 team might be from top to bottom:
-An attackman who is phenomenal attacking the cage...but will not keep his head up or pass the ball. It will be a turnover if he can't get a shot off, not a pull out and reset.
-A few strong midfielders from various HoCo AAA teams
-An 0-7 Diamondbacks defense
-A great goalie who has been with a different club every year.

Despite True being a non-parent coached team...with Diamondbacks as the core, and a couple other key members of the team...m 91 expect daddy ball and politics to be in full swing.

Great in who's eyes????

Should we know what goalie you are talking bout?

garbage. I think I know way too much about 11 year old goalies. I assume this is the kid who was on the Hawks this year. A good goalie but an even better kid. He was on the Diamondbacks the year before. Rumor has it that the Hawks former goalie is dropping back down to the team - which probably leaves this kid looking for a new team. If the tryouts was diamondbacks heavy, he was probably there.

I assume the Hawks will have a good goalie. If “rocket”, their old goalie, comes back that leaves last years goalie looking for a team. He is good enough to make most teams. Team 91 had two goalies - one I thought was strong. BLC has a strong kid. Folks like the AYLC goalie but I haven’t seen enough to have an opinion. He might be great.

Overall, goalie at this age is still a work in progress.