Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you. How often do you “travel” in club ball. What is the average price? And what team would you suggest? (Ones that still have try-outs). Are there any specific ones I should avoid? Or really go for? [quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What top teams for this age group have try outs left? Anyone in Suffolk County? Daughter has never played club ball before but has played on home league. Am I starting her too late? Someone told me it’s too late and most top teams are formed?

Most teams have roughly 4-5 tournaments over the summer. Travel usually includes a trip to MD and a perhaps NJ at that age, the other tournaments are usually on LI. Cost depends on league, some leagues include the cost of fall ball in their price, most don't. On average its going to cost around $1500 to register and sign up for tournaments, then you have your travel expenses of hotel and tolls and food etc. Some teams are less, like Blue Devils (suffolk) and some are more (9-1). YJ LEG and TG all fall somewhat in that range. As far as making a team is concerned, most kids will make a team, could be A B or C in some leagues. With travel you have to be realistic with your kids abilities. This is not pay to play on most teams, its play to win in most cases. I hope you find the right fit for your child.