Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is going to be the head coach of Geese?

Two years ago the Geese were the top team in the age, what happened? And they had a great 2nd team.

91 decided to take advantage of some friction in the tram, and poached players. It caused the team to fall apart. Legacy needs to refocus and invest in the team in order to recruit more talented players. But it is difficult with new teams popping up alm the time and express and 91 trying to field 3 or more teams (good knows why people pay for those secondary teams. They never perform well and are just lining those directors pockets.)
But there are just too many teams. The lacrosse game is getting watered down

I don't know if watered down is how I would describe it. Game is becoming too top heavy and ego-centric.
91 and Express are great teams that recruit and develop great players. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem exists with the attitude that if you don't make and play substantial minutes on either of those clubs, then your kid shouldn't bother playing at all. This is what pushes parents to accept being the 24th-28th kid on these rosters to barely play and make excuses like "he is getting great training" or "he's getting better in practice because he's is practicing against strong players". Both of which may very well be true, but if those players found a fit with a club where they're getting coached AND played a substantial role, they'll develop just the same. And there most likely wouldn't be as far a dropoff in talent from those 2 clubs and the rest of the pack. Similarly, there wouldn't be as much of a dropoff from the secondary to tertiary teams.

There was a time when most 2nd teams were really good. It still exists is some examples e.g. warriors. It’s the coach and what he brings to the table. If you get a committed coach and a solid core of kids. They will stay because the development is solid. That’s why Roar, Three Village and GC are the best B teams. Those programs care and develop the players at practice. It’s that simple. With all this shifting, call the coach now before committing and voice your concerns and hear what the plan is. If they don’t call back, I would move on. Trust the process if it sounds solid.