Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not saying anyone cheated or even did anything deceptive. No disrespect intended, in fact kudos to the #2 team in the event. Most teams did the same thing creating a WSYL-only team. Just pointing out that there are significant drawbacks to doing that. The biggest one being the teams don’t play like true “teams”, like real teams would. If that was a true “team”, in all likelihood they would have won the whole thing.
Whenever someone says no disrespect the intent is definitely to disrespect. You have some great theories but none are based in fact. You claim that this can't be a true "team" but BBL scored 2 goals in the qualifier championship and yet averaged high double digit goals in this tournament and was tied 5-5 heading into the 4th quarter vs the eventual champion who demolished everyone else. Seems like you would need a miracle for that kind of progress with no practice and a team of kids who don't know each other. I know you hope its not true but this is the BBL team you will see for years. Oh, and by the way the top teams in this tournament all want to play each other and not make excuses. Hopefully you can find the right level of competition for your son. Will make things more enjoyable...for all of us.

If what you are saying is accurate, and I’m not saying it is, then BBL has a serious problem with their coaching. BBL was able to beat inferior teams with size alone, playing biggie ball with a 4th grade mentality offense... big guy goes to goal. No ball movement at all. Same thing for every team played, based on parents from the different teams. Never going to beat a good defense or a skilled ball movement offense with that mentality, at this level. Having said that, maybe you can explain to all of us how a pure 7th grade team is 80%+ 5’11” or better. The only team I’ve seen that is comparable size-wise to that team is the Annapolis Hawks team which, as everyone knows, is 80%+ holdbacks. For what it’s worth, that strategy works better for BBL then it does for the Hawks. Hawks are not nearly as good as your boys. Advise: Find a real offensive coach.

I know this is entertaining fodder but why are you so obsessed with BBL? Did we wrong your son or team in any way? Why does height matter if they proved that they are on age. WSYL has strict proof of age requirements. We're doing just fine with our coaches, you can keep yours and their awesome play book. I'm sure your team moves the ball really well and crushes the competition. Advice: worry about your own team, unless they're already ranked #1 in which case, you can afford to dole out advice, that's if anyone would listen. Any other questions?