Originally Posted by Anonymous
The y went 1/4, the program is on the downhill slide and players know it so they are staying away.
What tournament were they at?

Tri-Star Lax Clash 2019, Garden city last weekend

One win (a 2 goal win over the statistically lowest team in the tournament) out of 5 games is NOT what I would consider an "elite team". And given the previous edict that "This is your #1 team, you play for DN over any other team." either appears to no longer be a rule or no longer be anything that anyone cares about. Wow.

Business model is still the same. Take all the money upfront, put your kid high on the depth chart for a couple of months so you feel good, but then slowly you begin to realize the kids and coaches are turning over more frequently than you expected, you then begin to question the value in playing scrub B league tourneys blowing out the other teams to claim hollow victories, maybe once in a blue moon you play a real AA team and the wheels come off, and then the first time you have a conflict and play with your regular club team they disgracefully throw you off the team with no refund. Eventually, you do that enough times and you read the repeated cycle of that silly experience in the 79 pages of posts here on BOTC, you run out of dupes to keep cash flow coming in. I have to admit, I’m still amazed that it has continued to survive this long.

I love when the parents of kids that can’t make the team or that can’t stay above the travel line post on this site. I’m surprised you took the time while you are at Lake Placid to post this one!!!

Yes Dukes should play in harder tourneys, but those that are sticking with it are enjoying the opportunity for our kids to get out of their hometown bubble and play with kids from a half a dozen states. The families look forward to hanging out with each other and the kids that have been around a while (most of the team now) really get along great!