Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a parent of a copiague varsity player and I apreciate the support as it has been a rough year. The copiague girls do not stop when they are down they wasnt to play. A few comments the program is in jeopardy with the school district but why do the boys teams have multiple coaches at the middle school and high school level but the girls get one coach. Copiague also does not have a youth league lacrosse program for the girls (it has been attempted).
As for the 30-0 desire by some teams, it starts with the parents. We recently played riverhead and lost 20-0 the last 5 minutes of the game a parent in the stands was yelling to the girls they should have 25 on the board.

I truly feel your pain. I have witnessed your daughter's over the past two seasons. And despite getting the win; they play hard from horn to horn. What really gets me is: the "runts" of the league acting like bullies. Put up 30 on Northport or WM. Oh yeah; they won't play you! This is indeed disrespecting the game. Good luck to your daughter and her teammates.

HS lacrosse is to be enjoyed. Not to be used as a status symbol or fodder to be a braggart. Teams in the lower echelon who act as bullies will indeed get theirs. Leave the foolishness for the club circuit! Oh; I was at the US Lacrosse convention earlier this year. Did not see any representation of any of the "runts" of the league. At least the coaches should have attended.

Seriously you take comments meant to support a weaker team and turn it into a rant about the runts of the league. Maybe those runts are running the score up because that is what they have learned from your precious WM teams that are too good to play the runts.IGNORANT

Calling someone ignorant is a feeble attempt to deflect from the fact. The lesser teams are using Copiague as an esteem booster. Many of these teams are one or two players away of being Copiague; so why act as you are a powerhouse? Especially if you are a less than .500 and are 0-fer in league play.

Are you really this challenged. Your so called powerhouse teams run it up on teams every year yet you continue to have an attitude toward the struggling teams. You sound like someone who's kid is on one of these powerhouse teams but is definately a bench warmer so you get jealous because some kids who you consider lesser than yours get playing time.Many of these powerhouse teams are a couple players away from being middle of the road at best and ride on the backs of their one or two superstars.