I really haven't concerned myself with Maryland age thing until this week. I was watching the Albany/JH game. Wells Stanwick scored a goal. The commentator said the 21 year old Sophomore scores. I know that I started school at the age of four, turned five in October of that year. I started my senior year at the age of 16, and my sophomore year of college at the age of 18. I turned 19 during the year.......

That my friends is the difference between a Maryland 2017 and Long Island 2017 team. Nothing else needs to be said.....

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The score was 8-6 crabs. Great game but the refs made it closer then it should have been.
This is actually brilliant - in two successive posts, we have two posters claiming the score was either 7-5 or 8-6. Two people watching the same game and cannot agree on the final score. If not for the fact that it was a one goal game with an "open cage" goal on the end, chances are that there would have even been more of a discrepancy.

This is just one example as to why the results should be phoned into a central location and recorded. Not only to keep track of these individual games, but to allow the teams to build a proper portfolio of results for future tournaments and, dare we say it, rankings within their age groups.

Imagine if the teams were bracketed properly before the start of the season which would then allow schedules to be constructed at the start of a season for the whole season.

I am from Long Island, my son plays for a LI Club Team (he is younger than the 2017 and 2018 teams I have read about). I havent followed all of the Crabs games, scores, whether they are older or younger, bigger or smaller than our kids, whether the refs call it in their favor or ours. I am not even sure whether the Crabs sent one team or two but it appears to me that two things happened, the Crabs won every game or close to it that they played against LI and that perhaps some LI teams even ducked them? I hope I am wrong and no I am not a Crabs parent, I am just curious as I thought the best lacrosee was played on LI as a matter of fact I preached it to my friends in PA and FL. Please tell me that the Crabs didnt come to LI and beat all of our best teams?