Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Elite is small and losing players each year. Lost to M&D and MD United big. Well coached but losing players.

M&D will also lose players this year. Lots of dissension with coach J. Peak. He micromanages from sidelines and all he does is run ISO’s. He doesn’t develop his players, have seen many good players slide with him. Wins due to talent + relies on same 4 players or so and doesn’t coach to team. Loses In big games, his coaching weaknesses are very obvious. Just watched it happen to him at NGLL. This year he will likely lose several good players, Robinson is too distracted doesn’t have a good pulse on his teams as long as they are “winning.” Watch the trend start to happen.

Look at MD United and Skywalkers this summer - they have much stronger and smarter coaching and are developing their teams and players more broadly.

But does he win lots of T-shirts? Sounds like a Coach trying to build a legacy and not trying to build his players. Have seen that several times before and with my oldest. And this is a 23 team? Those girls are not even in HS yet. You should seek shelter elsewhere.

You are talking about a coach who has won 4 NGLL championships and has made it to almost every championship game in every tournament his team has participated in(this is fact). M&D parents are hard on their coaches. If he wasn’t developing them, those parents would be moving on. He left one club, and families from that club, not even in the same grad year, followed him to his new club. He turned around an M&D team that was imploding at the time. None of the players left, he helped them find their niche, now that team is shining, and you ignorantly call him out publicly because he lost a game.

With all due respect the man is loud and obnoxious

Easy there M&D parent. I could careless about your coach or if he was the Pied Piper of players. That wasn't my point or what I was saying. Sounds like he wins lots of T-shirts and everything is fantastic with your team. Glad your team is "shining" and you all have won 4 NGLL Championships (along with the other "fact" stuff you said). That makes you the best team in Maryland.

I have seen it before. Coaches steam roll middle schools girls talent and spirit all for the sake of victory. But I guess it's not the case here, as you say, he helped them find their niche and are shining.

the bigger question is he getting them ready for high school lax? are these girls going to be able to work in a team concept or are they a bunch of go-to-goal girls?