Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't really agree with complaining how expensive this is. I think you get alot of value for the average price of $1600 for a team.

Generally that includes mechandise, 10-11 months of lax, 4-5 days a week, around 25 games, and premium facilities. You are getting what you pay for.

I think what most people are complaining about is they are getting club confused with select. Back in the day it meant a lot to be on a select team, because it was exactly that. You were selected bc you were the best of the best. Select back then had the same inclusions as club does today. Now there are just more teams, which have become clubs, and less actual select. I would consider a team like the Hawks to be a select team. They will cut you if you didn't pan out and they for the most part will only take the best.

There is too much money to be made, and too much demand to play, for Select to exist anymore

That is a great synopsis. There's going to start being some select clubs in AA county extremely soon. Problem is when you grab kids from different clubs to play together, you need to find tournaments they are all available for and coaches willing to let them step away to someone else for a few practices and games and that doesn't always go well.