Originally Posted by Anonymous
A majority of the kids from elite down to B will all end up in the same boat...playing D3 college lacrosse somewhere. There will be some exceptions...

Can't be possible, I was promised that my kid would get a full ride to an Ivy if he played for an Elite club in 5th grade. Have I been lied to?

Another parent who thinks its about 'getting a ride'! How about my son plays elite because he wants to simply play at a high level with kids that are talented and can throw and catch? Sorry you son didn't make a AAA or Elite level club team; tell him to keep working hard.

The realization has set in that he was scammed out of his money for "club" lacrosse when he got out of his 5 mile circle and realized his kids team stinks and he could have paid a 1,000 less to play rec. So he'll go to the "getting a ride" comment to feel better

Meh...my kid has been on an "Elite" club team for 3 years now. Counting travel for tournaments (hotels, food, etc.), I'm in for over $10k at this point. I have no illusion about a scholarship. My only hope for the kid is that he plays on his high school team.

Why not play rec? My kid loves to compete, he loves to play year round, he loves having the same core teammates each season. I enjoyed the time we spent in rec league lacrosse but the level of competition is really bad. It would drive him nuts to not be able to run a "real" offense or to play with a defense that doesn't understand how to slide to the open man, etc. Club lacrosse is financially crazy but my kid wouldn't love the sport without it.