Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So basically, what I’m getting is that only 6-8 teams in the MD/VA/DMV areas are worthy of being deemed club level, and anyone playing in a division lower than AAA is more or less a lowly rec team and is having their money stolen from them.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of those teams in the lower divisions are only paying a few hundred bucks to be coached by ex division 1 college lacrosse players and get the “club” experience at an affordable rate for the parents...as opposed to the several thousand dollars that are being paid to play on the big name clubs in the elite division. Who’s really getting their money stolen?

Most of your kids aren’t getting full rides to go play college lacrosse, and for the ones that do, you’re pretty much paying for it on the front end anyway when you start them off in these high dollar clubs from the time they can walk.

In no way am I saying that the teams in the AA, A, and B divisions can hang with the elite level teams, but you might surprised at the talent level on some of the teams down there.

I’ve seen games at the AA LEVEL and I’m sorry it’s bad lacrosse.

I completely agree; there may be a few kids on these teams that could play at a higher level but overall its just poor lacrosse. The recs are trying to hold on to as many kids as they can due to the fact that the clubs are taking all the talent away from them so you get HLC, PLC and FLC spinning the 'we are a club' flag when really all they are is taking the parents money to put a poor product on the field. Just enjoy the process but please don't compare the coaching at the club/rec level to what is being coached at the elite level programs. It is not even close and the main reason kids leave for club.