Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 is the only true team not using just WSYL players?!?!? Are you kidding me!?!?!? I won’t mention his name on here but you took one of our starting midfielders this year. Do you actually think he walked away from a scholarship and is now driving 90 miles for any other reason than to win the WSYL. Love the kid but his parents are insane. We will find out soon enough if (his parents) made the right decision.

You need to understand something, jealous, spiteful BL parent. First, the pack didn’t “take” anyone. The boy went to tryout and earned a spot on the WP roster, just like any other new player. This boy committed to Wolfpack knowing that there was a very good chance that he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the WSYL with WP because of the distance criteria. They didn’t get confirmation of his eligibility until late Fall. This is fact. His interest in playing for WP has nothing to do with the WSYL. This has been a dream for quite some time. It is not a 2019-only interest. Both he and his family are absolutely top notch people and a welcome addition to the pack family. For his family, it made more sense to drive to LI for practices and be on a truly elite team, then to drive to Philly, for an above average team, when the trip to LI wasn’t that much further, based on where they live. Trust me. The family made the right decision, but that decisciin has nothing to do with one tournament in Denver.